Your roof’s lifespan may not be something you regularly think about, but its materials, construction, and even its color can all affect its longevity.
Here at J. Adams Roofing, we offer roof repair no matter the cause of your problems. If you’re in St. Augustine and you’re worried about the lifespan of your roof, then give us a call today! We can get you started with a free quote for roof repair.
Average Lifespans of Roofs
If you have questions about roofing warranty or a type of roof that isn’t listed here, then don’t hesitate to contact us! Here are the average lifespans for a variety of roofs:
- Asphalt Shingles (3-tab): 15 to 18 years
- Asphalt Shingles (architectural): 24 to 30 years
- Built-Up or Modified Bitumen: 10 to 16 years
- Concrete Tile: 35 to 50 years
- EPDM (rubber): 10 to 16 years
- Metal: 30 to 45 years
At J. Adams Roofing, we offer roof repair for just about any roof you can think of! Contact us today for a roof inspection or free quote on roof repair.
Factors That Can Shorten a Roof’s Life
Your roof protects you and your family from the elements, but that doesn’t mean it’s not affected by the elements itself! Here’s a list of various factors that can affect your roof’s longevity:
- Angle of Roof Slope: Roofs with higher pitches typically last longer.
- Attic Ventilation: If your attic is unventilated or poorly ventilated, your roof could have a shorter lifespan.
- Climate: Temperature swings, hurricanes, hot summers, harsh winters, and other severe weather can drastically shorten a roof’s lifespan.
- Color of Roof: If your roof is dark, then it absorbs heat and therefore has a shorter lifespan.
- Installation: If you had improper roof construction to begin with, then your roof will most likely experience problems.
- Multiple-Layer Roof: If your roof was installed over another roof, it will have a shorter life.
- Orientation of Roof Surface: If your roof faces south, it’ll get more sunlight and therefore will most likely have a shorter life.
- Quality of Roof Material: The better the material, the more time your roof will protect you.
- Trees Near Roof: Tree branches, leaf debris, and more can shorten the lifespan of your roof.
Request a Free Quote for Roof Repair in St. Augustine
No matter the problem, we can help. Contact J. Adams Roofing today for roof repair in St. Augustine.