When you call out the professionals to inspect your roof, here’s what you can expect during a roof inspection. The job should be thorough and complete. Below you can uncover what a good roof inspection will include from start to finish.
- First, make sure you have all the paperwork you need. For example, a copy of the warranty, previous roof inspections or contractors, repair orders and notes.
- Next, the inspector will check the walls and glazing to make sure there are no cracks and water stains from leaks.
- Now the inspector will be ready to look at your roof. They’ll determine if the roof is neglected and look for tree debris and old air conditioning equipment. Then, the inspector will make sure the surface of the roof is intact. The surface of the roof provides protection from UV rays, which can cause the roofing materials to age and break down.
- The roof inspector will check the drainage system. A simple cleaning of the drain pipes or down spouts can do the trick. If there is still standing water spots, there could be a bigger problem.
- Next, the roof inspector should pay special attention to the membrane and metal, to changes in plane and at penetrations through the roof. They will look for punctures, tears, and scrapes in the membrane.
- The inspector will also examine expansion joints running across your roof to make sure there are no cuts or open areas.
- Most inspections will also include a visit to the attic to check for leaks or needed decking repairs.
- Once your roof inspection is finished, the contractor may provide you with an estimate on the spot, but will most likely return an inspection report and an estimate or repairs or replacement. Also, make sure you also hire a qualified roofing inspector to do the job!
We’re trained, qualified and certified to inspect your roof- and our inspection is FREE. We offer services in Atlantic Beach, Jacksonville, Jacksonville Beach, Neptune Beach, Palm Coast, Elkton, Hastings, Ponte Vedra, Ponte Vedra Beach, Saint Augustine, and Saint Johns. Call us right now!