2 WARNINGS FIRST:
- PLEASE DO NOT TRY ANY OF THIS UNTIL A QUALIFIED ROOFING INSPECTOR HAS BEEN OUT TO VERIFY YOUR ROOF IS SAFE FOR YOU TO TRAVERSE!
- PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK: SPENDING TIME ON YOUR ROOF IS DANGEROUS AND COULD POTENTIALLY LEAD TO INJURY OR DEATH! PLEASE CONSIDER HIRING A PROFESSIONAL TO DO THIS FOR YOU!
You want to paint your roof? Here are a few things you need to consider before getting out the paintbrush.
- The painting process will vary depending on what material your roof is made of.
- The first thing you must to do before you apply any paint is to clean your roof. Use a pressure washer to clean the roof’s rough surface.
- Water based roofing paints are the preferred paint used for cement tiled roofs and shingle roofs. Oil based roofing paints are best for collecting rain water and iron roofs. Water based paints can be used on iron roofs, but make sure the rust is treated well or it can come back soon after painting.
- Get a heat resistant paint or an additive added to your paint.
- Use an airless spray gun to paint the roof, but don’t paint on a windy day.
- Don’t paint if rain will be in the forecast.
If you are thinking about painting your roof, call the experts at J Adams Roofing can give you some tips. Call us today!
HowtoPaint.Info; How to Paint a Roof http://how-to-paint.info/how-to-paint-a-roof.htm
Home Renovations; Can You Save Money Painting Your Own Roof? http://homerenovations.about.com/od/houseexteriorframework/a/HowToPaintRoof.htm