It’s important to clean your roof every few years. Want to do it yourself? Here’s 6 simple steps to get the job done. All you need is a garden spray nozzle, full-body safety harness, garden hose, supplemental water pump, and a lye or other nontoxic, non corrosive roof cleaner:
- Mix the hot water and then non corrosive cleaning product in a bucket.
- Pour the mixture into a garden pump sprayer and strap yourself into a full-body harness.
- Before applying the cleaner,spray the roof with water to cool it down, which will prevent the cleaner from drying out too fast.
- Wait about 20 minutes, then rinse.
- Make sure you apply the sprayer in slow even strokes so you don’t miss any areas.
- Clean shingles on a cool, humid, overcast day to ensure that the cleaner doesn’t dry too fast on the roof.
Need a hand? We’d be happy to help with a FREE estimate or answer your questions FREE. Call J Adams Roofing right now!
Family Handyman.com ; How to Clean Roof Stains http://www.familyhandyman.com/roof/repair/how-to-clean-roof-stains/view-all
Dummies.com; How to Clean Roof Shingles http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-clean-roof-shingles.html