It doesn’t feel like winter here in Florida right now, but the cold weather is soon to come and the winter weather can take a toll on your home. Once it does get cold I want to recommend you taking a few moments every now and then this winter to see how your roof is holding up:
- Check the roof deck for signs of deterioration.
- Check all penetrations on the roof, such as pitch pockets, vent pipes, and pipe boots.
- Check and clear all gutters and downspouts.
- Check ceiling and interior walls for signs of leaks (stains).
- Remove all loose debris from the roof’s surface.
- Use thick brush brooms to remove ice or snow on your rooftop.
- Inspect base flashings and flashing attachments.
Need help with winter roof maintenance or roof repairs? Give J Adams Roofing a call to schedule your FREE roofing consultation!